Inspection standard for permanent magnet
1) When the permanent magnet is not supplied with specific size and shape, the properties of material should be tested. The test standard is as per GB/T3217-95permanent magnet (hard magnet) material test trial method,GJB2453-95rare earth permanent magnet material general criterion and relevant enterprise standard. GB/T3217 stipulated the test method. Enterprise standard stipulated the test process and sampling method.
2) When the permanent magnet is supplied with specific size and shape, the properties of the magnetic component should be tested. The properties of the material are only tested for reference.
3) For different permanent magnetic components, the test parameters and test methods are different. For magnetic ring, the test parameter is diametric flux density. For magnetic segment and block, the parameters can be surface field, magnetic flux etc. The magnetic flux is better.
A digital tesla meter can test diametric flux density
With a transverse sensor. Magnetic flux can be tested by permanent magnet tesla meter and Helmholtz coil.
For more information about the international standard, you may turn to the following reference:
- IEC 404-5(1982) magnetic material Part 5:test measure for hard magnet(permanent magnet) material properties.
- JISC 2501-1989 Test method for magnetic material(Japan)
4) When the permanent magnet is supplied as magnetic assembly or component,the properties of the magnetic assembly or component should be tested. The buyer and seller will negotiate and decide the specific test method with each other.
5) Unless specified by the user, we will adopt standard sampling method for the final test of the permanent magnet.